11.01.2011

Kathmandu to Kolkata

Hi everyone! We're back in India for 4 days.
Kathmandu was a lot of fun. They were having a festival almost the whole time we were there, so we got to enjoy all of that. There were a couple days we weren't feeling too well, but were still able to get out and enjoy the sites. The city is full of old monuments and temples and they're all so interesting.
After hearing a few people talk about doing the Everest Base Camp trek, we were a little envious, but with our travels we just didn't have the time or resources to tackle something like that. However, I think in the future it would be great fun to come back with a few people to do something like that.
On the 30th we took a LONG bus ride to the Indian border. It was one of the longest days, for both of us, so far. I thought nothing could top our overnight, non-AC, sleeper class train ride where a creepy man sat at the end of my sleeper watching me all night (apparently in this class anyone is allowed to claim the foot of your bed and that's just how it is) but this came close. The trip was suppose to last about 8hrs, but we had some complications...more on that later.
Then, for Halloween we took an 18hr train ride to Kolkata. This one was pretty nice though, it was quiet, air conditioned, and I had my sleeper all to myself...almost. A bug that has yet to be identified ate me up all night long, from my face to the soles of my feet. Judging by the size of my welts, not bed bugs (thankfully) but I have no idea what it was.
Anyway, now we're in Kolkata until the 4th when we fly to Bangkok. For awhile it was looking iffy whether we'd be able to even fly into Bangkok with all the floods, but they say things are looking a little better now, so we're hopeful.
No pictures this time, the iPad froze when I tried to upload them, but hopefully next time.
Cheers!!
Don't forget people, we're on skype and we miss you, so phone us (it's free!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment